Hyderabadi Do Pyaza
1. 1/2 cup Ghee/Oil
2. 2lbs Lamb
3. 5 cups Yogurt/Curd
4. 6 large Onions
(make paste of 2 onions and cut the other four onions and fry till golden brown and make a paste of it separately)
5. 12 Black pepper pwd
6. 1 tsp Turmeric/Haldi
7. 1 tbsp Coriander/Dhania pwd
8. 11/2 tsp Garam masala
9. Coriander finely chopped
10. Salt to taste
1. Marinate mutton(Lamb) with haldi, black pepper pwd, dhania pwd, paste of two onions and salt for 1/2 hr.
2. Heat Oil / Ghee and put the marinated mutton and fry it for few min's.
3. Now add the fried onion paste to the above, stir it.
4. Put 1 cup of water to the above mixture and cook it in a pressure cooker for 1/2hr with low flame and with whistle on.
5. After its done take the lid and put the gram masala and some dhania.
6. Can be served with roti or rice.
Picture courtesy: web
Kitchen Notes: All quantites are approx., changes should be made according to the taste.
Recipe Source: Adapted from a cookery show.