Methi Bagara Rice
This rec pie was made on one of my cousins engagement, I liked is so much that I tried it the very next day, and it came out really nice. Hope you all will like it too :)
1. 2 tbsp kasoori methi
2. 2 cups of basmathi rice
3. 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
4. 2 bay leafs
5. 4 cloves
6. 2 cardamom
7. 2 sticks of cinnamon
8. 1 tsp of shahi jeera
9. 3 tbsp of oil
10. salt to taste
11. 3 green chillies
1. Wash the rice, soak it in water and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil add bay leafs, cloves, cardamon, cinnamon and shahi jeera, let it fry for 2 mins.
3. Add onions and fry till translucent.
4. Add kasoori methi and ginergarlic paste and fry for 2 more mins.
5. Add salt and 3 cups of water ( it goes this way, for every cup of rice, I use 1 1/2 cups of water).
6. Let the water boil, then strain the water in which rice was soaked, now add this only rice(no water) to the boiling water.
7. Cook for 5 mins on medium high flame and then simmer it with lid on.
8. Switch off the stove after five mins or till u think the rice is cooked.
Mirchi-ka-salan,Raita,bagara-baingan, mutton curry...
Kitchen Notes: All quantities are approx., changes should be made according to the taste.
Recipe Source: own creation.
This is my entry for Masala Magic: Andhra Cuisine – Regional Cuisines of India May 2007.