Ginger brittle (Alam Moraba)
Alam (ginger) moraba (brittle) is a famous snack in Hyderabad. People who are born and bought up in Hyderabad will know about this snack. When I was a kid, I remember people selling it on streets. I love them, they are delicious and good for your health. Here is my version of the recpie...
1. 1 oz Jaggary
2. 1/2 oz Sugar
2. 1/2 oz Ginger
3. 1 tsp Cardamom pwd
4. Water as needed
5. 1 tbsp Ghee
1. Grind ginger to a fine paste, if you want can add 2 teaspoons of water.
2. Put jaggary pieces and sugar in a non sticky pan and add little water, just to sink it.
3. Keep it on a medium flame, keep stirring.
4. When it comes to one string consistency, add the ginger paste and cardamom pwd.
5. Keep stiring, until it starts leaving the sides of the container.
6. Switch off the stove.
5. Grease a plate with ghee and pour the mixture when it is hot.When it is warm make marks to cut in a squares or use a cookie cutter for any kind of shape.
6. When cold store it in a air tight container.
This is my entry for JFI-Jaggery hosted by Kay of ‘Towards A Better Tomorrow’
Picture courtesy: web
Kitchen Notes: I’ve prepared mildly sweet moraba. Adjust jaggery quantity to suit your taste.All quantites are approx., changes should be made according to the taste.
Recipe Source: My own creation..