Kaju Pakoda (Hyderabadi style)
In Hyderabad we get kaju pakoda (we call it pakodi) in sweet and savory shops.
I don’t know if this kind of pakoda is sold somewhere else; if any one know about this, let me know.
We love this pakoda; it has that crispy and nutty taste, it smells awesome. I tried to make this recipe on my own, after through examining the pakoda by its look and guess what I was sucessful:)
So here is the recipe to share with you all
1/2 cup Kaju (Broken Kind)(Cashews)
2 tbsp besen (Gram flour)
1 tsp rice flour
1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp finely chopped mint
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
3 green chilies chopped
2/3 strands of curry patha finely chopped (Curry Leaves)
1 tsp jeera
2 tsp red chili pwd
1 tsp Dhania crushed corsely
1 tsp baking soda
Salt according to taste
Oil for deep-frying
1. Mix all the ingredients except oil.
2. Take 11/2 tbsps of warm oil and add to the above mixture.
3. Now the mixture looks dry and lumpy, mix it thoroughly.
4. Take some warm water; now add it to the above mixture, spoon by spoon to make a dough thicker than a chappthy dough, as if it looks crumbly.
5.Heat oil in a kadai (deep frying pan); drop the besen mixture (uneven shapes) take a big lump in the hand and with the help of fingers drop little by little in the hot oil for deep-frying.
6.Fry it on medium flame till light golden brown.
7. Cool it and store it in an airtight container.
8. May last up to 10 days
Note:Photo courtesy hyderabadi gifts